Sunday, December 21, 2008

What Are You Going To Do With THAT?

The "that" in question (this time) is a giant, green Styrofoam ball that stands two feet tall. I bought it for $7.50 when Cathy and I went to a liquidation sale at a local display company. I don't really know if $7.50 is a good price to pay for a giant, green Styrofoam ball, but I do know that I've never seen one before, and may never see another one again. When I took the ball to the checkout table so that I could continue shopping, I asked the saleslady to make sure that she didn't let anyone else buy it. She replied, "Oh, I don't think you have to worry about that!" Who wouldn't want a giant, green Styrofoam ball? I think it's just crying out to be covered in something, but I'm not sure what. Buttons? Beads? Mosaic? Pennies? Postage Stamps? Collage? Any suggestions or ideas? What would you do with a giant, green Styrofoam ball? For now, it will just keep rolling around in my dining room until I decide what kind of art it will become.

3 comments:

Annette said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with for this! I'm sure it will be fabulous. Maybe you can section it off and do different things in each section.

Casey said...

Looks like a big ball of happiness to me :o)

Pat said...

Yes it does, my friend, yes it does. And doesn't everyone need a big ball of happiness?