Thursday, January 1, 2009

Juice, Anyone?


This may look like an ordinary bottle of juice, but in the hands of Margaret Garrington it is a work of art. Check out the Looza Bottle Project and see how Margaret combined empty juice bottles and loads of rejectamenta to create an incredible art installation. This is one of those projects that I admire and think, "I wish I had thought of that!"

The Looza Bottle Project reminds me of a smaller version of John Dahlsen's Environmental Wallworks made from plastics collected from Australian beaches. These pieces are amazingly beautiful and created entirely from garbage washed up on the beach. John is the King of Rejectamenta in my book! Be sure to check out his entire site--there's a lot to see.

This is the kind of art that really gets my juices flowing. (Pun intended. Sorry, I couldn't help myself!) I plan to buy a bottle of Looza juice every time I do the weekly grocery shopping. I will consider it my reward for a task that I don't especially enjoy. I think the bottles will look lovely in my studio filled with rejectamenta and various art supplies. If anyone drinks Looza and would like to donate their empty bottles to me, just let me know. By the way, the juice is pretty darn good and a bottle goes a long way.

No comments: