Friday, April 3, 2015

Go. See. Do.


































If you've visited here before, you might already know how much I enjoy stitching paper together. It's my therapy when I'm feeling out-of-sorts, unfocused, and unmotivated. It happens, right? When it does, I feel called to my sewing machine and my big box of scrap paper. There I will sit for hours sewing bits together in a haphazard sort of way. There is no attempt at planning or perfection. I grab any color of thread and don't even care whether it matches the bobbin or not. The stitch quality doesn't matter either as long as the paper holds together.



























It feels good to be doing something with no end product in mind. I view the process as a way to create when I'm not feeling creative. When the well runs dry I can fill it up with the kind of repetitive action that is important in my art making process. Stitching just does that for me, whether it's by hand or by machine.






































This is an altered board book to which I have attached stitched and waxed paper and then added hand stitched text on fabric.























The message is simple: Go. See. Do.























It's how we journey through life.































































































































I like working on board books for a couple of reasons. They hold up well under the type of collage I like to do, plus, they don't have a lot of pages. This book only has three pages! That's a plus for me since I often have a problem seeing projects through to the completion stage.

A simple book with a simple message. Go. See. Do.

xoxo




5 comments:

Deborah Weber said...

As always - fabulous!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Love board books for the same reason! And texture, however obtained, is a great thing!

Diana Trout {Nan.DT@verizon.net} said...

love these! stitching paper ... it is so satisfying

Unknown said...

this book is amazing~

Charlote said...

Beautiful result! Really like it!

xoxo

Charlotte