Monday, December 15, 2008

Rejectamenta Journal

Here are a couple of pages from my Rejectamenta journal. This journal was created as a tribute to the flotsam and jetsam of society that I find quirky, crude, and appealing. It is comprised entirely of rejectamenta attached to acrylic-painted pages. In keeping with the concept of found art, I chose to use found words in the form of quotes, to illustrate that one person’s trash is indeed another person’s treasure.



I found the metal piece on the cover while walking on the beach about 20 years ago. I'm not sure what it is, but I've always loved that thing. This seemed like a good place to finally use it.





I live by this quote. The journal was hard to photograph since it's crammed with all kinds of strange and weird found objects. I'll post more pictures after I photograph some more pages.

No comments: