Friday, November 2, 2012

Buried in Books

























Maybe it's the change in weather or the change of seasons, but lately I find myself buried in books. I love that I can go online and request books that are delivered right to my local library for pick up. This is just part of my current stash and it includes books about seaside cottages, collage, journaling, gardening, artists books, textiles, quilting, home decor, and flea markets--just to name a few. I'm a true non-fiction junkie. Sometimes I read them cover to cover, and sometimes I just look at the photos. I often renew the books I have over and over and over while picking up new ones several times a week.
























This one by Austin Kleon is a real gem. You can check it out here. It's a quick read filled with a lot of inspiration and practical advice about getting busy and making stuff. Plus, it's filled with a lot of hand lettering and you just have to love that!
























Since this post is about books, I thought I'd share a photo of Pilgrim which was on display at a library (of all places) during the month of October. Two glass cases were filled with altered books as part of the Octavofest celebration in my fair city. I managed to attend several events, as well as celebrate the book and paper arts in my own way--with my nose buried in a huge stack of books. Happy reading!

2 comments:

Candace said...

So cool that Pilgrim was on display, congrats!

Jacky said...

I'm a sucker for books too. My library isnt so good at getting a lot of the books I'd like, so I'm afraid I'm always browsing at Amazon and then eagerly awaiting the post.
Will check out the book you have highlighted...sounds very interesting.
Congratulations on "Pilgrim" being exhibited at your library!!!

Jacky xox