Friday, February 10, 2012

Doodles Unleashed - Lesson 3


I'm a little behind in posting my doodles from the Strathmore online workshop, Doodles Unleashed by Traci Bautista. Lesson 3 is Stylized Faces Part One - Colorful Backgrounds. This is the colorful backgrounds part. I have yet to work on the stylized faces part.





















I created facing pages in my journal and decided to try a different color scheme on each page. The page begins with hand writing on the background and then builds from there with paint, stencils, and stamps. I used a couple of stamps that I made from craft foam and a lot of product lids and caps.
























Like before, I had just as much fun photographing the pages as I did painting them. Plus this time I played around with an iPhone application called pixlr-o-matic to slightly alter the colors and add some cool borders.








































































































































When it comes to this type of doodle art, I honestly think the photos are far more interesting and appealing than the original art. There's just something about focusing in on a small area that I think magnifies the beauty and randomness of these simple doodles.

Stay tuned--there are lots more doodles to come. Happy doodling my friends!

5 comments:

lee said...

great doodles, and great pictures

cat @ sea.sky.stone. said...

Such fun doodles--I look forward to seeing your finished stylized face! I finished but never posted mine--not sure why, maybe because it just didn't look like "me". Anyway...I totally agree about the doodle close-ups being really interesting--these are great shots!

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Colorful play and abandon. xox Corrine

Candace said...

You are neverendingly creative!

April Cole said...

Fantastic!
Love the colors, great doodles. :]