Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Everyday Objects







































I have a few more sketches of everyday objects to share with you. I'm NOT a germaphobe and rarely use this stuff, but when I sketch at lunch I'm limited to "office" items. I just like the gooey green goopiness of it. You can tell from the bottle that other people in the office are far more concerned about germs than I am.








































Like many of you, we've been having quite a heat wave during the past few weeks. I can't even tell you how many of these I've consumed lately.





































This cactus looks like it was probably pretty easy to sketch, right? WRONG! It was harder and took longer than the first two sketches combined. The problem was that after a while I couldn't figure out what part of the sketch was cactus leaves and what part was the space between cactus leaves. It was like one of those optical illusions that make your eyes go buggy. I kind of gave up somewhere in the middle, and since I was already an hour into the sketch, decided to just call it finished.

Sketching is a funny thing. At first it's downright frightening. Then, once you start having some fun with it, it becomes addicting. You start to look at everything around you and think about sketching it in your mind. I  am thoroughly enjoying this "everyday" diversion.

4 comments:

Jacky said...

I love your cactus!!! Yes, the sketching is quite addictive once you start isnt it? and after a while quite meditative.

Jacky xox

Unknown said...

I absolutely love these sketches so much!!

aimee said...

me LOVES these! you are so good at capturing these ordinary objects and making something so cool out of them!

lori vliegen said...

your everyday items look like a lot of everyday fabulousness to me, my sweet googley-eyed-cactus friend!! xox